Monday, May 16, 2011

Psalm 27:1-6 (Part 2/2)


4 One thing I ask from the LORD,
this only do I seek:
that I may dwell in the house of the LORD
all the days of my life,
to gaze on the beauty of the LORD
and to seek him in his temple.
5 For in the day of trouble
he will keep me safe in his dwelling;
he will hide me in the shelter of his sacred tent
and set me high upon a rock.

6 Then my head will be exalted
above the enemies who surround me;
at his sacred tent I will sacrifice with shouts of joy;
I will sing and make music to the LORD.


3) Because of His presence. (Verse 4)

It is said that God is everywhere. We carry His presence wherever we go. Knowing that He is present at all times and knows out daily activities, we have nothing to fear. Even though sometimes, we might not feel Him, we ought to chose to believe that he is with us, every step of the way. The Bible says, God will not leave us nor forsake us. So if you believe that the Bible is 100% correct, then this is one that we must know.

4) Because of His promises. (Verse 5-6)

We hear it all the time. Promises we make and promises others give. As human beings who makes mistakes all the time, we still try to keep promises. What more God, our heavenly Father?
Because of the promise, we need to trust Him. Trust is not an emotion, but an act of my own will to give my burdens to God. It is like muscle - the more you exercise it, it gets stronger. David has trusted God that He will provide His resources. We need not only to trust Him for resources, but also for the timing for everything.

When I fear my circumstances, I find confidence in the Lord.

Be Blessed,
Eva :)


No comments: